AnalysisPython/Encoder.CK!tr.ransom is a generic detection for a Ransomware Encoder trojan. Since this is a generic detection, this malware may have varying behaviour.
Below are some of its observed characteristics/behaviours:
- This malware may drop any of the following file(s):
- %AllUsersProfile%\Public\AdobeAAMUpdater.exe : This file is a copy of W32/Encoder.CK!tr.ransom.
- This Ransomware was not observed to leave ransom notes.
- This Ransomware attempts to find the taskbar and encrypts the shortcuts within it.
- Affected files of this Ransomware will use the filenaming format OriginalFilename.rain in which the original file extension is replaced.
- This Ransomware was observed to infect files with the following extensions:
- Make sure that your FortiGate/FortiClient system is using the latest AV database.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.