[Hack.Lu 2016] Android Reverse Engineering Workshop
This 3-hour workshop was given at Hack.Lu in October 2016.
The environment for reversing Android applications is available on Docker (docker pull cryptax/android-re) or on VirtualBox.
The slides are available on this website for download.
The samples & lab exercises were given onsite to the attendees and are not available publicly.
- 64 bit laptop
- Internet connection
- be at ease with Unix commands
- Install it
- Install ssh and/or vncviewer on your host
- Pull the lab’s container: docker pull cryptax/android-re
- open a terminal
- run: docker run -d –name workshop-test -p 5022:22 -p 5900:5900 cryptax/android-re
- run: vncviewer 127.0.0.1::5900 with password: rootpass
- in the docker container, run: emulator & wait and ensure the Android emulator opens up correctly
or VIRTUAL BOX OPTION:
- Install VirtualBox
- Get the lab’s appliance (5GB)
- Connect to appliance with password: rootpass
- Open a terminal, run: emulator & wait and ensure the Android emulator opens up correctly